Conference Scholarship Committee
The Conference Scholarship Committee works in collaboration with, but distinctly from, the Conference Committee, which is focused on the curriculum and other annual Conference-related logistics. The Conference Scholarship Committee is made up of several members and typically includes 1-2 board members. The 2017 Conference Scholarship Committee is chaired by Tim Wilson of Harvard Business School.
- Work with Marketing and Conference Committees to ensure publication, promotion, and call for scholarship applications.
- Identify best practices for ensuring a robust pool of applicants.
- Consult NEDRA board or treasurer to ensure budget, number, and/or amount of scholarships that may be offered if scholarship sponsor is not utilized.
- Consult with Sponsorship Committee to identify and secure a conference scholarship sponsor.
- Work with Heather Reisz Memorial Scholarship Committee to keep track of all scholarship applicants.
- Review nominations and make recommendation to the board of directors on the winner.
- Notify awardee(s) and encourage them to serve as a conference volunteer.
- Facilitate introduction of awardee and scholarship sponsor at conference (or electronically, if applicable).
- Steward scholarship sponsor.
The Conference Scholarship Committee typically has 1-2 conference calls beginning in the late fall through the early spring (dependent on dates of annual conference) to identify individual tasks, discuss applicants, rank and vote on submissions, etc. The total time commitment is estimated to be 3-6 hours total.