Pre-registration for this program was closed on Nov. 17 at 11:30, however, on-site registration is available, or you can contact us at Office@NEDRA.org
Research Basics Bootcamp
Friday, November 20, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Networking
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Program
Harvard Business School
Cumnock Hall, Room 102
Boston, MA 02163
NEDRA presents a full day of instruction in the essentials of prospect research. This training is a must for those new to research, or those who have had research added to their roles. No experience in the field is necessary to begin learning how to apply professional research methodologies. This full day of learning will cover such subjects as:
* Prospect Research Ethics
* Internet Research Fundamentals
* Finding and Valuing Real Estate
* Interpreting Public Company Regulatory Filings
* Reading Foundation 990s
* Valuing Private Companies
* Prospect Interests and Networks
* Assessing Gift Capacity
* Presenting Research
Tim Enman is a research analyst with eight years of experience. Prior to joining the development team at Smith College in 2013, he was a prospect researcher with Clark University in Worcester, MA. Before beginning his career in development, he worked with Sentient Jet in South Weymouth, MA, arranging private air travel for high-net-worth clients. He holds a B.A. from Concordia University in Montreal, QC. Tim serves as a NEDRA Board Member and is Co-Chair of the Programming Committee.
NEDRA Members : $199
Non-members: $298 (You will receive one year of NEDRA membership with this registration type.)
To Harvard Business School
To Cumnock Hall
* Enter Cumnock Hall on the right side of the building, facing the green rectangular lawn between Spangler Center and Aldrich Hall (shown on campus map).
* Take immediate first right to head through glass door to Cumnock basement (attendees will know they’re heading in the right direction when they see an oil painting of Alexander Cumnock on the wall).
* Head down 2 small flights of stairs to reach Cumnock basement.
* Take immediate left at double doors. Cumnock 102 and 103 are on the far left wall.
* Restrooms are located on the same floor as Cumnock 102, just on the opposite side from Cumnock 102.
HBS Parking Map
The parking booth for the main parking lot is located off of Batten Way near Spangler Center. This is the entrance all guests use to park at HBS. It costs $16 per day for guests to park.
Metered parking is available in the Harvard Innovation Lab lot off of Western Avenue and in the parking garage off of East Drive.
NOTE regarding food and beverages:
Registrants are encouraged to bring their own beverages and snacks for the morning session. For lunch, attendees can bring their own lunch or purchase lunch in Spangler Center (next-door to Cumnock where the Bootcamp will occur). Spangler offers an incredible array of dining options, from a grille on the bottom floor to deli sandwiches Asian cuisine and salad bars on the main floor. Food items are reasonably priced. Spangler accepts cash and credit cards. There are also several other restaurants within walking distance (10 minutes).